[CentOS] MythTV on Centos 4

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Sep 28 16:39:15 UTC 2005

Quoting Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com>:

> That's what I thought too. I had wanted to run i386 for
> compatibility. But as I mentioned to Brian J. Smith off-list, both
> KnoppMyth and CentoOS4.1 i386 hung when booting off of the install
> disk. Whereas CentoOS4.1 x86_64 installed without complaint.
>
> Can anyone come up with a reason x86_64 would boot but i386 wouldn't?

Could be hole lot of things.  Most likely something is weird with your BIOS or
motherboard.  The CPU as such shouldn't be a problem.  When you say "hung",
does it load the kernel and initrd images at all?  Does the kernel
starts?  Are
you getting kernel panic?  Is initrd stuff freaking out?  Installer
hungs?  They
are all on different levels, and might point to different things going wrong.