[CentOS] MythTV on Centos 4

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Sep 30 23:47:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 18:12, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
> >
> > I found that two capture cards resolved all but a few conflicts.  Three
> > gets that down to almost none and four seems to clear all conflicts so
> > far.  But then I have only had four capture cards going less than a
> > week.
>
> I have three, a PVR-500 and PVR-250 and rarely see a conflict.  It's
> wonderful.
>
> > I tried a PVR-500 card in the second box.  I currently have it pulled
> > out and have a PVR-350 and PVR-250 in that box as well.  I had trouble
> > getting the drivers to work correctly with the PVR-500.  Have been
>
> ivtv 0.3.8 is pretty good.  I'm using the latest SVN build of 0.3.9
> since that fixes the problems where one tuner on the PVR-500 would lose
> audio.  At first I thought it was a hardware problem but it turned out
> to be an issue with the driver.  0.3.9, when release, should be a pretty
> solid release.

I was kind of hoping this was a driver issue that would be resolved
shortly.  I will have to swap around the cards in that box since the
motherboard I have seems to have a capacitor placed such that the
PVR-500 won't seat correctly.  I think the PVR-350 will fit there, it
has the IR connector on the bottom edge and it is smaller than the audio
connector on the PVR-500 which is on the bottom edge.