[CentOS] SSH + VNC

Ryan ryanag at zoominternet.net
Sat Apr 1 14:36:11 UTC 2006

Thank you, I think you put on the right path...

netstat shows no port for vnc at all, unless I execute vncserver

as root, I issue the command

service vncserver restart
Shutting down VNC server:                             [  OK  ]
Starting VNC server:                                       [  OK  ]

then
service vncserver status
Xvnc is stopped

D'OH!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas why vncserver won't start?

No errors in syslog.

hkclark at gmail.com wrote