[CentOS] CentOS 4.3 occasionally locking up accessing IDE drive

Leo Arnts leo at arnts.org
Sun Apr 2 09:54:44 UTC 2006

Hi Bart,

Here the same problems with an Asus P5ND2 SLI motherboard and 2 ATA Maxtor
6L200P0 200Gb hard drives in raid 0+1.

The disc also checks ok even with the Maxtor tools. Guessing a linux problem
maybe one of the ata drivers ? I have seen the problem with several kernel's
yust now running 2.6.9-34.ELsmp-CUSTOM