[CentOS] newbie kernel question

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 13:57:52 UTC 2006

It's not so hard to understand, the question is when there is something that
_has_ to be done by changing the kernel. Most people don't generally go
around compiling for kicks (ok a few maybe do ;)), and pretty much all won't
go down the route of compiling the kernel if there _is_ an alternative.

For example, can you change the kernel frequency without? (think there are
plans to approach that in future so you don't need to, but I believe
currently it still needs a recompile).

At that point, what do you do? Whether that means you should choose a
different dist is fine if its needed, but thats a separate discussion really
and has to be based on a users requirements.

Ian