[CentOS] Clarification Needed: DAG vs. rpmforge.

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Apr 3 12:06:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, William L. Maltby wrote:

> Dag in the thread about kvirc, I had pointed to dries repo, based on a
> list of repos I use *now*, that replaced your repo with rpmforge. This
> based on an instruction earlier that I should use rpmforge instead. So
> when I run my "yum --enablerepo=\* list...", it did not show your repo
> contents.
>
> Should I be including *both* rpmforge and dag?

No, if you install rpmforge-release you will be using:

	'dag' on EL2, RH7, RH9, EL3, FC1, FC2, FC3 and EL4
	'dries' on FC4 and FC5

I'd like to leave the other FC? release and possible RH9 to dries (or
someone else if Dries has no resources to do it) but as long as there is
no alternative, I'm doing those as the authoritative builder.

Even though a big part of the packages are being packaged by Dries.

Packaging and building are different things in the RPMforge context. It's
not because you package something, you're also building it for all the
different distributions/architectures.

Kind regards,