[CentOS] Re: Re: newbie kernel question

Mon Apr 3 13:02:40 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 08:34 -0400, Steven wrote:
> There is NO .src.rpm included unless you purchase RHEL4 from Red Hat.
>
> --
OK ... this is silly

WTF are you talking about ...

The upstream provider has published every .src.rpm that in their
original release here:

http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/SRPMS/

Every .src.rpm update for RHEL is here:

http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS/

(those include kernels as well as every single apckage that they have in their product)

CentOS has published every .src.rpm that we have built in the repo where
the RPMS are (in an SRPMS directory) ... example, for the currently
active CentOS-4 update set (right now, 4.3) all the .src.rpm files are
here for the release:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/SRPMS/

(You would substitute extras, centosplus, csgfs, updates, addons, etc.
for os if you wanted those SRPMS)

If you wanted .src.rpm files for any of the older (non-current) update
sets, they would be at:

http://vault.centos.org/4.2/os/SRPMS/

Again, if you were interested in other repos like extras, centosplus,
csgfs, updates, addons, etc. ... substitute that for "os".  If you are
interested in something other than CentOS-4.2 out of the vault ... use
that version number in place of 4.2 ... for example ... if you want to
look at CentOS 3.4 updates SRPMS you would use:

http://vault.centos.org/3.4/updates/SRPMS/

Both the upstream provider and CentOS provide .src.rpms to anyone who
wants to download them ... because we both believe in the GPL and Open
Source Software.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes