[CentOS] Ssoundblaster audigy and alsamixer

Lorin B Pino

ljpino at grundyec.net
Tue Apr 4 16:50:38 UTC 2006

I have an interesting problem.  I have no sound through the sound card,
but I can use the onboard sound ok.  The reason I have no sound is that
the slider for "audigy analog/digital output jack" is missing in the
gnome mixer.  The label is there, and a mute box are there, but no
sliders.  When I bring up alsa mixer in the console, there is a box for
a slider, but no slider.  According to soundcard detection, the module
"snd-emu10k1" is installed.  If I switch the speakers to the headphone
jack, I can get some sound, although it is with a lot of static.  This
is a dual boot machine with suse 9.2, so I know the card works.  Any ideas?
~Lorin