[CentOS] Backup options.

Erin Fortenberry Erin at Fortenberry.net
Tue Apr 4 17:29:55 UTC 2006

This is where I sit with FreeBSD. In version 5.x and up, you can snapshot
the slice (partition) to make sure everything goes nice. It seems after
reading http://dump.sourceforge.net/ that we are not there yet on Linux. No
matter. I run mostly web and email servers and other then MySQL the drives
to not change all that much, I will just make sure I make use of sync. MySQL
in FreeBSD (and I am sure Linux) keeps its table files in a state of
corruption (as per fsck), so I just make sure I do database dumps twice
daily.

Thanks again.

-Erin