[CentOS] 3ware 9550SX and CentOS

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Wed Apr 5 00:55:29 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 20:25, Fong Vang wrote:
> I'm getting a couple of systems that are arriving with the new 3ware
> 9550sx controller.  Does anyone know when this will be natively
> supported by CentOS?
>
> Has anyone built an RPM of the driver/module for this new controller?

You'll need to download the drivers from amcc - the stock centos 4 drivers
don't find the card. Also, if you're running a board with an nforce chipset,
you're possiblynot going to be very happy... Even though a lot of people seem
to run ok that way, many others face issues. I tried several configurations
and all show stability issues with high throughput. If you have a simple pci
slot, you'll probably not be able to drive enough I/O - but on a pci-x board
like a tyan S2895 I've seen a number of crashes...

So if you have random lockups on your config, try stress testing your disk io
subsystem first...

Peter.