[CentOS] SELinux

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Apr 5 04:23:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 23:15 -0500, Chris Weisiger wrote:
> Who would / Who wouldnt need to run SELinux?
>
> I have linux server at home. Would I need to run SELinux?
>
> What are the advantages of SELinux?
>
> What is the average home user doing?
----
it's an extra layer of security. You of course can shut it off or you
can work through any 'blocks' that it creates that keep you from doing
some things. It's up to you.

It would appear that most on this list shut it off, judging only by the
relatively few SELinux questions on this list.

I would think that the 'average home user' is more likely to run Fedora
than CentOS because the desktop applications are much newer.

Craig