[CentOS] Domino on CentOS

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Apr 5 15:39:51 UTC 2006

Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:
> Domino does not support this system:
> CentOS release 4.2 (Final)
> Validating...
> Installation settings for host sh145:
>     Installation type    : Domino Enterprise Server
>   Install template files :  Yes
>   Server Setup Method    :  Manual Server Setup
>   Configure to ASP Server:  No
>     Program directory    : /opt/ibm/lotus
>    Data directory       : /local/notesdata
>       UNIX user          :  notes
>       UNIX group         :  notes
>
> For the latest patch DB please go to http://www.lotus.com/ldd/checkos
>
>   However, later on:
>
> This will check the Operating System level and tell you what is missing.
> Note, no patch list if all patches are present.
>

> The OS appears to have the correct patches .
> Installing Domino Server kits ...
> 0   10   20   30   40   50   60   70   80   90   100
> |----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|
>
> The Domino Server installed successfully.
>
> Should I make the change int /etc/redhat-release and attempt
> reinstallation, or is it safe to use it as is? Thank you again for your help

the install seems to have gone through fine - but it would be worth
while making that change to /etc/redhat-release - then rechecking for
ospatches using http://www.lotus.com/ldd/checkos

there are quite a few packages that need and use the details from
/etc/redhat-release, so once you are satisfied everything is setup right
- might be a good idea to change that back to its CentOS state.