[CentOS] Screen sizes

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Thu Apr 6 19:22:21 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 13:32 -0500, Chris Peikert wrote:
> How do you resize the screen to fit everything in it? I cant tell what
> the resolution is set at but would like to change it.

Do I detect a brand new user here? If so, your Q's are just beginning.
Be careful not to alienate the ones who may be able to help. Besides the
books you mentioned earlier, be sure and google, etc. Also, check out
the FAQ for CentOS for some tips that help all of us.

Now, having unburdened myself, when you installed, did you set up
multiple resolutions in X? If so, <ctl-alt> and +, <ctl-alt> and minus
cycles throught the resolutions you have.

If you didn't set that up, the X configure can be run again to do it, or
you can manually edit the configuration files (not recommended).

If you are neededing to get more text into a browser, often a <ctl> and
+ or <ctl> and - will change fonts. In xterms, you need to use the View
menu to do it.

HTH
--
Bill