[CentOS] Acrobat Reader broken on CentOS 4.3

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Thu Apr 6 19:58:51 UTC 2006

> I have had Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.1 installed on my CentOS 4.2
> desktop
> and it worked fine.  After upgrading to 4.3, I can't get it to come up
> anymore.  I downloaded Acrobat Reader 7.0.5 and it does the same.  I'd
> appreciate any suggestions on what to look for, since the
> executable and
> the startup scripts are not giving me any useful errors to chase.

Works fine here on my CentOS 4.3 system what was updated from 4.2 via
yum.  I'm using Acrobat Reader 7.0.1.  What happens if you use strace
to capture the system calls?  Do the following and then examine the
last few lines of strace.out for possible clues:

   # strace -o strace.out acroread

Hope this helps,
Alfred