[CentOS] w stopped working after upgrading procps

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:02:07 UTC 2006

On 4/6/06, Chris Croome <chris at webarchitects.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi

> > >   # uname -r
> > >   2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp
> >
> > That looks like a centos Kernel ... try installing audit and audit-libs.
>
>   # yum install audit audit-libs
>   Nothing to do
>
> They are already...

Not to voice something completely obvious... but that kernel is REALLY
old. The problem might very well be solved by using one of the 4 or so
kernels that have come out since to fix errata in the one you're
using....
If there's a specific reason to not move forward with the kernel
that's one thing, but I'd have to lean toward loading up a new one to
fix the problem.

-Arthur C. Clarke