[CentOS] cheep laser printer recomendations

Bogdan Nicolescu bo2k2 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 02:47:46 UTC 2006

--- rado <rado at rivers-bend.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> 	I would like to hear what printers go good w/our
> operating system.
>
> 	While back, I should have checked w/y'all like I'm
> doing now but I just
> went ahead and bought a Konica-Minolta PagePro
> 1350W. Now that W at the
> end of 1350 is a huge word that means WINDOWS!
> grrrr! It's a great
> printer 21pgs/min etc but it doesn't like linux at
> all and their tech
> spt will tell you as much. I googled round while
> back...there is some
> stuff there w/it and windows but I have had no luck.
> I got it sold for
> what I pd. 150 bucks and now I want something good
> that we know works
> really well w/linux..
>
> Whatcha all think?
>
> thx
>
> John Rose

If you have to pay for the toner out of your own
wallet I'd go with Brother. Can't beat $70 to print
6700 pages.  Just make sure a high yield toner is
available for the model.  (The difference between low
and high yield toner is usually $10, but almost twice
the output on hy)

Brother HL5140 + 3 hy toner catridges = ($450 +
$paper)/20,000 sheets (lifetime of drum) => price per
sheet, plus $electricity of course.

HL5140 emulates PCL6.