[CentOS] MySQL 4.1 on CentOS 3

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 7 03:55:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 05:54 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 21:43 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> > > you're welcome :)
> > >
> > > The mysqlclient is building now, it doesn't seem to need any mods to the
> > > SRPM ... I think it will fail a similar check though as the MYSQL
> > > running on localhost on my buildmachine (outside the chroot) is on
> > > centos4.
> > ----
> > FWIW, it built without errors while I was out to dinner - I am waiting
> > on the client if you get that built.
> >
> OK ... the mysqlclient RPMS are available here ... the SRPM did not
> require changes, so the original one in CentOS-4.3 is applicable:
>
> http://centos.hughesjr.com/testing/RPMS/mysqlclient10/
----
Early report - WOW - thanks

Using the mysql-4.1.12-3, mysql-server, mysql-devel built from the SRPMS
that you created and client above...

rpm -Uvh those packages all at once and they completely replaced the
equiv 3.23.58-x packages and mysql started right up and apparently the
mysqldump that I did wasn't even necessary (holding on to it as a just
in case).

my horde setup connected immediately (php-mysql is apparently happy) and
life seems to be really, really good.

Thanks for the help. I can give you the binary RPM's that I created from
your SRPMS (and the build logs) if you wish but I do have to
confess...this is one of the few machines that I set up with Whitebox
and haven't migrated over (in fact, John has been pretty good lately
about releasing updates though the yum updates still are slow)...I'm
thinking that I will maybe get 6 months to a year more from this box
before I have to do something in a major type of upgrade.

Anyway - thanks for the help, it really seems to have worked
wonderfully. I would suppose that if upstream releases a new SRPM (and
likewise CentOS), then the spec file that I have now should be able to
build it?

Craig