[CentOS] Chances of 4.3+ version with latest kernel

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Apr 7 13:18:41 UTC 2006

All,

I had a terrible time installing 4.2 on an ASUS NFORCE x86_64 motherboard.
I did manage to get it working... Also the compaq V4000 laptop same issues.

I thought I would try 4.3 and see if it was better... Seems to be the
same really.
All the "fixes" the kernel needs were not included in the 4.3 kernel.

What are the changes of a 4.3+ version that runs a 2.6.16 kernel? I know
this is
not compatible to RH stuff but it sure would be sweet!

The centos team is doing a great job.

Again... just a thought.

Jerry