[CentOS] Re: Network and default route

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Apr 7 21:41:48 UTC 2006

Marcus Carvalho spake the following on 4/7/2006 1:37 PM:
> Edit /etc/sysconfig/network
> add
> GATEWAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> 2006/4/7, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com
> <mailto:ssilva at sgvwater.com>>:
>
>     I have had this problem on and off since RedHat 6, and I always
>     worked through
>     it, but I thought I would ask.
>     When you have multiple network interfaces, how does the system
>     determine the
>     default route?
>     Or is it the first, (or last) interface that comes up?
>
>     On the problem systems I have to add a "route add default..."
>     statement in
>     some systems in the rc.local to get them to work right.

I have done that, but it still seems to have a mind of its own.
Does the gateway statement mater where it is in the file?
IE... could it be the second statement instead of the last?

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and