[CentOS] Re: How to query the new style mirrorlist ?

Sat Apr 8 02:04:54 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 09:45 +0800, Steven Shiau wrote:
> Hi Karanbir:
> I suggest it's better to have
> releasever=4.3 work for the new mirrorlist, since releasever=4.3 is
> working with baseurl, i.e
> baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4.3/os/i386/

No ... 4 is better

4 is the releasever

4.3 should not be used by users ... when we upgrade later, 4 will then
point to 4.4 ... and when we upgrade again 4 will point to 4.5, etc.

That is how the system is designed to work ... users point to 4 only

That is also how centos-release is setup ... to make $releasever be 4