[CentOS] rsync and users

Todd Cary

todd at aristesoftware.com
Mon Apr 10 15:47:48 UTC 2006

Thanks to the encouragement of some people on this list, I am using
rsync to synchronize two servers: one is a backup to the other in case
the primary one fails.  By hand, I inserted the names of the users on
the primary server into the backup server.  So, now all works well.

/usr/bin/rsync -av -e ssh /home/ 192.168.0.22:/home/

My question is what would happen if the users were not on the backup server?

Is there anyway to have the users automatically inserted into passwd and
group?

Todd

--
Ariste Software