[CentOS] question about mouse and kvm switch

Dave Hatton lists at starground.it
Mon Apr 10 19:46:29 UTC 2006

>I have a CentOS 3.6 and 4.3 box sharing a kvm switch. Switching from the
4.3 box to the 3.6 and back again, the mouse stops responding. >The keyboard
works just fine, and I can ssh into the box.
doesn't seem to affect the mouse.

>Is there something I can run to get the mouse recognized again short of
restarting the computer?

Try adding "psmouse.proto=bare" to the kernel line in /etc/grub.conf. There
are some other protocols you could try if this one is unsuitable.

Daveh