[CentOS] question about mouse and kvm switch

Dave Hatton lists at starground.it
Tue Apr 11 06:33:50 UTC 2006

>> > 4.3 box to the 3.6 and back again, the mouse stops responding. >The
>> > keyboard works just fine, and I can ssh into the box.
>> > doesn't seem to affect the mouse.

>> > restarting the computer?
>> >
>> > Try adding "psmouse.proto=bare" to the kernel line in
>> > /etc/grub.conf. There are some other protocols you could try if this
one is unsuitable.

>> Also, with my kvm switch I need to set the driver in
>> /etc/X11/xorg.conf to for the mouse to:
>>
>>         Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
>>
>> instead of IMPS/2 or PS/2

>Thank you for the suggestion. I have made this modification to the
xorg.conf file, and restarted X. I still am not getting any response >from
the mouse. Is there a service I can restart, or a program I can run to try
and re-enable the mouse, or will I have to reboot the
>computer?

Did you add "psmouse.proto=bare" to the kernel line in grub.conf and reboot?

I guess not from your response. You will need to do this.

Daveh