[CentOS] Re: Issues with aacraid

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Apr 11 15:17:27 UTC 2006

Karl Fischer spake the following on 4/11/2006 2:33 AM:
> On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 19:22 +0200, Karl Fischer wrote:
>> Centos 4.3 x86_64. I have issues installing drivers from a Driver disk,
>> I got a driver(2810SA) from the Adaptec site,
>> I have dd'ed the image ... it is a ext2 Filesystem and used RAWRITE.
>> Is there more that I can try ?
> *** Update ***
> Tried it with RHEL3 and it works like a Charm.
> Centos will be first prize,
>
> Thanks
> Karl

I have a 2820SA and CentOS 4 just installed. No driver disk needed. Now if the
adaptec driver performs better, I may look into it, but it just seems to
scream now. It is not a SAS array, but it performs well enough for a storage
server.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and