[CentOS] Update of CentOS 4.0 to 4.3

Mike Stankovic mlists2006 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 12:58:28 UTC 2006

--- "William L. Maltby" <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>
wrote:

> It's good that you are cautious since you are so far
> behind. IIRC,
> *some* folks had trouble going from 4.1->4.2
> (selinux related? Don't
> recall now). Anyway, search the archives, if
> interested, around the time
> of that and see what advice was given. I followed
> that advice and had no
> problems.
>
> Again, it's *IIRC* and my 2 brain cells have been
> penetrated so long by
> environmental Gigahertz emanations by now that they
> may be dysfunctional
> as well as old, cranky and intolerant.  :-)
>
> HTH
> --
> Bill
>
> BTW, staying current I have had no problems. But I'm
> desktop only,
> so ....

The original poster has not told us why he is still on
4.0

- ie a heavy/important production machine
- physically located away ie in a datacenter 300 miles
away?
- modifications to the system
- current updates applied or is it a vanilla 4.0?
- ignoramus

I've come across (on forums/lists/net) people with
machines that started life as fedora 3 and sidegraded
to centOS on the advice given in a mailing list. So
its important knowing the exact situation he is in.