[CentOS] Command line IMAP client

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Apr 12 13:30:12 UTC 2006

Quoting Tom Brown <tom.brown at goodtechnology.com>:

> Hi
>
> I want to download all messages from an IMAP mailbox but i want this
> to be outputted into MailDir format. I tried using fetchmail but this
> outputted the mailbox into mbox format. Is there an IMAP client that
> works on the command line but will output into MailDir format or
> failing that how reliable is converting from mbox to MailDir ?

I remember there were some utilities distributed with wu-imapd source
that might do what you want.  A perl script that would split mbox
mailbox into maildir format is also trivial to write.  If you are
transferring between two IMAP servers (one using mbox, the other using
maildir), you can also use utility such as imapsync and not worry about
the storage format of particular IMAP server.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/