[CentOS] Clamav

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Wed Apr 12 21:03:34 UTC 2006

Sam Drinkard wrote:
> Folks, I just yum'd clamav last night for my mailserver.  There do not
> appear to be any man pages for this package.  Is there just web
> documents on what to do to create the configuration file, or is that
> already done, and I haven't found it yet?
> Thanks..

Sam,

I just checked. If you don't have the clamd package installed, then the
/etc/clamd.conf file will not be created. The packages I have installed
are as follows:

clamav-0.88.1-1.el4.rf
clamd-0.88.1-1.el4.rf
clamav-db-0.88.1-1.el4.rf

I'm assuming you got everything but the clamd package. Install that from
Dag's repo, then your /etc/clamd.conf file will be there to edit. Then
just do a service clamd start...the usual.

Max