[CentOS] Centos 4.x, gnome & key "repeating"

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Apr 13 00:48:49 UTC 2006

Am Mi, den 12.04.2006 schrieb Finnur Örn Guðmundsson um 1:36:

> I have a strange problem with Centos 4 (all kernels so far). When i am
> running gnome (havent tried KDE) and i go into a browser or even just a
> console window and type something a letter repeates it self 10-20 times
> (likeeeeee thhhhhhissssss). I can turn this of the the keyboard settings
> (repeating keys) but then i cant hold down backspace and so on ....I
> think this is some kind of software error but cant really figure it out :|
>
> My hardware is:
> Nvidia NFORCE4 chipset
> AMD X2 4200+
> 2Gb Memory
> SATA harddrive
>
> SMP kernel (all of the Centos kernels seem to have this problem...havent
> tried the uni processor onces tho)
>
> I've also ran Fedora Core 4 & Fedora Core 5 on this box and have no
> problems there.
>
> Anyone knows a solution for this (except for turning off Repat Keys).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Finnur Guðmundsson

It is a known issue for the combination of nForce4 and AMD X2 CPUs. I.e.
see

http://kerneltrap.org/node/6258

I think to remember there is a boot parameter which covers this, but
unfortunately my brain has actually a hole at this ;)

Alexander

Serendipity 02:43:00 up 30 days, 3:30, load average: 0.14, 0.13, 0.16