[CentOS] Backing up CentOS

Barry Brimer barry.brimer at bigfoot.com
Tue Apr 18 13:42:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Chris Peikert wrote:

> Well the idea is if I can get my CentOS box to communicate with my Windows
> 2003 network I was going to do a backup and put the backup file on a windows
> box where I would have Backup Exec put it on Tape. One step at a time
> though. I haven't tackled trying to get the CentOS and Windows to talk yet.
> I have lots of reading to do on that subject yet. Thanks for the list of
> backup software.

I have not looked into this for a few years, but at the time, Veritas
provided a free license for you to download/use a copy of their Unix
backup agent to run on Linux.  Go to their support site.  If you can find
a Linux agent, go ahead and use that.  If not, I believe I used their
generic Unix agent.  This will allow you to backup your Linux server to a
Backup Exec server directly.

Barry