[CentOS] CentOS 4.3 apt repo

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Apr 21 10:28:49 UTC 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 21:21 -0700, Ralph Alvy wrote:
> > I asked this before when I configured another CentOS box, but I forget the
> > answer. In my apt sources folder, I don't have a repo that is the
> > equivalent of the yum Centos.Base.repo. Where do I find such a file?
>
> The apt for CentOS has:
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/centos.list
>
> If you upgrade apt from another source, that file might go away.

It would be nice though, to have this config-file outside the apt
package and inside another package (like centos-release). rpmforge-release
contains the configuration for apt, yum, smart and a description for
up2date.

Purists will probably hate to have 3 config-files in place when they only
use one. (and they are free to remove the rpmforge-release package :)) But
it simplifies the configuration and doesn't conflict with other packages.

Kind regards,