[CentOS] Xen on CentOS 4.3

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

m3freak at rogers.com
Sat Apr 22 18:27:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

Has anyone set up Xen on an existing CentOS 4.3 system?  Does it work
well, or is it better to wipe the system and start clean?  I haven't
found a lot of information about this specifically.

Secondly, I have found on the xen source website downloads for xen 3.02,
which are meant for FC4 or RHEL (U1).  I'm tempted to try the RHEL
downloads, but I don't have any spare machines to test on, so I'd have
to do it to a live system (!).  Even though the xen download is for RHEL
U1, will it work on RHEL U3/CentOS 4.3 machine?  Has anyone tried this?

I'm anxious to consolidate three of my servers onto one under used
machine because one of the three is going to suffer a HD failure soon
(it's locking up every now and then, and I hear the HD making clicking
noises!).

Thanks in advance for any tips or comments.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu