[CentOS] Re: Log of basic firewall of CentOS 4.3?

Keith Morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Wed Apr 26 20:22:52 UTC 2006

iagosineiro at yahoo.es wrote:

> Hi.
>

> I have enabled the basic firewall that includes CentOs 4.3 enabling
> only ssh port. In which log could I view the attempts to other ports?
> Have I to use iptables instead that firewall to view that?

system-config-securitylevel acts as a front-end to set a basic level of
firewall ruless.  If the "deny all" line is set to log deny and/or
reject packets, that info will be in /var/log/messages.

I don't know if it is set to log.  I disable this tool when installing
Centos, and the use fwbuilder to create my own custom set of iptables
rules for the host.

To see rulesets that have been implements on your host issue a "service
iptables status"  or alternatively "iptables -nL"  on the command line.