[CentOS] compat-libstdc ++

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 15:07:15 UTC 2006

On 4/27/06, William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 17:50 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
>

> > Whew! By the time I finish the yum docs, a new yum will be here!
>
> Nah! A quick peruse and spot the one that seems to be most *immediately*
> and *pervasively* to get the job done. Scan that one and refer to a s
> needed. Then make "spare" time and dive into the others. That's what
> I've done since I asked my first (two?) yum questions. It helped. I
> *hate* bothering others when the answer makes me appear lazy. Other
> folks are not so encumbered.
>
> Likewise, when I offer help of *any* kind, I'll try and take the extra
> step to help dispel some of the "grumpiness" that comes through in the
> most terse replies... uh *most* of the time I'll take the extra step.
>
> Plus, maybe I can impart a little guilt, thereby causing a Q *after*
> research rather than before by more folks!  =:-O In my dreams, yeah!
>
> There's been a couple new folks showed up and inundated the list for
> several days straight, until talk of "spoon feeding" began to surface. I
> always hope that my extra info will help folks avoid that.
<sigh> since my Compuserve days (25+ years ago) I have been told to
RTFM. But, I never gave that line to anyone I helped on line.
Your point is well taken, however. In these days with man pages and
google, I should really try that first.  One thing about man pages; I
wish they organized the options in categories of "most used", "seldom
used" etc.

Anyhow, I really don't want to start a thread on this issue as I have
a lot of reading to do! Have a nice one!
-nat