[CentOS] Centos in hp nx6125

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Apr 29 13:27:37 UTC 2006

Leandro Costa wrote:
> I have some information about the equipment
>
> AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology processor ML-40, 2.2 GHz, 1-MB L2 cache
> 15.0 inch TFT SXGA+, ATI Mobility Radeon X300

I have an Acer Ferrari with exactly the same sort of config, but a 15.4"
1680x1050 display. And CentOS x86_64 works fine ( but i cheat a bit and
use a newer kernel for bcm WiFi support. ) if working with ndiswrapper
is ok with you ( and it should for 95% of the people ), CentOS will work
for you out of the box. You will, however, need to disable dma for the
ide interfaces.

- KB