[CentOS] wu-ftpd, proftpd, or vsftpd!

ankush grover ankushcentos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 14:28:08 UTC 2006

On 4/29/06, albi <albi at scii.nl> wrote:

> John Pierce wrote:
>
> > I have tried to configure an ftp server on one of my machines, I want
> > to all authenticated users to be able to upload files to the apache
> > web root /var/www/html.  This machine is behind a firewall/router and
> > will not be exposed to the outside world.  I want to know if someone
> > can point me to a good tutorial on setting up one of these servers, I
> > have read the man pages and googled for possible configurations and I
> > still have not been successfull.  I can log in as my normal user and
> > see my home folder, but cannot upload to the web root.
>
> hey,

what are the permissions set on /var/www/html. Does others have the write
permission on this folder. Or other thing you can do is create a user with
his home directory set to /var/www/html and with this user you can upload
and download the files.

If you want everybody to upload the files to /var/www/html then you have to
give write permissions to everybody that is 766

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover