[CentOS] CentOS Directory Server

Sun Apr 30 23:22:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 18:11 -0500, Paul wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 09:41 -0500, israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Why if Redhat directory server or fedora directory server is open
> > source, there is not a centos directory server rpm?
>
> I think the following are the reasons...
> 1. It still requires "magic" to get it to build properly
> 2. It's not a base part of RHEL right now
> 3. there probably have few requests to for it

It also requires installing things that are not part of CentOS to build.

We (the CentOS Devel Team) have stated in the past that we will build
this for CentOS when it is released for the upstream Enterprise distros.

I have no intention of releasing beta test quality items for CentOS and
calling it production ready.