[CentOS] Centos Based Fierwall Document

Ian Kaufman iank at mac.com
Fri Aug 4 15:39:33 UTC 2006

Frank,

The glory of Google's gmail has allowed me to view this entire thread in it's
entirety as well as in thread order.

The first post was your announcement
The first reply (second post) was from Stephen John Smoogen, who asked:

"For those of us who have neither?"

The second reply (third post) was from Jim Perrin, who stated:

"Would you consider posting it to the wiki to share with all?"

Then, your reply to Stephen (fourth post):

"Then there's no reason for you to fricken reply, is there?"

The your reply to Jim (fifth post):

"I actually had a thread I started in the forums about it, however, I
stopped monitoring the thread due to people accused me of being an
e-mail address harvester."

And, the root of all evil, Karanbir's reply (sixth post):

"and who are you ?
and what / where is your firewall doc ?

- KB"

And, we can conclude that you read Stephen's and Jim's posts before replying to
Karanbir because you reference them in your reply to him (seventh post):

"So far, two of the three replies, yours being one of them, have left me
with the impression that everyone in the CentOS community is the same as
the jerks in the forum were.  I try to do something to contribute to the
community and I just get nothing but negativism."

So, chronology and thread index favors the fact that you were the one who
replied inappropriately and began the flame war.

Ian