[CentOS] Seamonkey

Bart Schaefer

barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 19:44:06 UTC 2006

I saw the latest update announcements on the announce list, so I ran
"yum check-update" and did not see seamonkey in the list.  Which I
guess makes sense, since it's a name change from mozilla.  However,
devhelp is in the list, and "yum update devhelp" pulls in seamonkey as
a dependency.

This seems like a sort of backdoor way to get seamonkey onto the
system.  Did these packages really come from the upstream this way?
What if I had not had devhelp installed?  Do I need to replace mozilla
or not?

Aside to Dag:  The galeon package from rpmforge has an version
dependency on the specific mozilla package that's being replaced by
seamonkey (rather than a greater-or-equal dependency), so it's not
presently possible to install both seamonkey and galeon with yum.