[CentOS] Running firefox on a remote host on centos-4

Joshua Baker-LePain

jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Aug 11 20:15:45 UTC 2006

Back in the day (read: before the latest firefox update), I used to be
able to ssh to a remote box, run 'firefox -local', and have that box fire
up its own firefox session even if I was running firefox on the system
from I which I sshed.  Those days seem to be gone.  No matter what I try, if
I've got firefox running on my local desktop, the remote firefox command just
fires off another instance of the local firefox session.

I've got several boxes running monitoring daemons reporting via http only to
the localhost, so this was a handy feature for me.  Is there any official way
to get it back?  If not, I guess I'll have to hack a 'localfirefox' script that
doesn't do the nasty mozilla-xremote-client trick.

Ah, progress... *sigh*

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering