[CentOS] Building a live CD and live PXE

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Tue Aug 15 02:07:16 UTC 2006

Ron Yorston wrote:

> "Eduardo Grosclaude" <eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Great! I was just looking for this! Unfortunately there seems to be
>>something missing: by the time we run the first yum command, there's no
>>distroverpkg package installed under $LIVE to query for $releasever.
>>---------------
>>Should the user install centos-release RPM with prefix equal to $LIVE
>>beforehand?
>>Or is there any other easy but correct way to pass this variable to yum?

My yum config does not use $releasever which is probably why mine works.
  A simple sed should be able to trick it up in your yum config, or copy
the release file into the chroot before running yum, that is probably
best.  I'll try that out and update the docs.

> I got around this by editing my yum repo files to replace $releasever
> with 4.  Which is horrible, so I too would like to know if there's a
> better way.
> Actually, I was able to scroll back far enough to see this during the
> installation:
>
> error: %pre(coreutils-5.2.1-31.2.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
> error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping coreutils-5.2.1-31.2
You should not get any errors at this stage.  You must mount /dev /proc
and /sys or your install will fail.

John.