[CentOS] Email dictionary attacks and firewall

Steve Walsh - Nerdvana Hosting steve at nerdvana.net.au
Wed Aug 16 13:04:37 UTC 2006

Sounds like what you want is the TeerGrubing plugin for Exim script Marc
Merlin from Google wrote. it sends a SMTP 451 back to the server for
10-15 minutes, then closes the connection.

Apparently, he once held a connection open for 72 hours, then called the
  guys ISP, who called the FBI, and it just went downhill from there.

More information can be gleened from his page at
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

Steve