[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel - Request for input

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Fri Aug 18 13:08:51 UTC 2006

Quoting Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:

> If you currently have to change the config file and recompile the
> kernel, tell me the config items you are turning on and I will see if I
> can roll them into the new CentOSPlus kernel.

Hmmm...  I recently had a need to test one of the "standard" Netfilter
modules, just to find out it wasn't part of any CentOS kernels (base
or centosplus).  If it is possible, could you add ROUTE module?  Not
sure if this is standard part of kernel source, or patch-o-matic(-ng)
is needed.  The userland iptables might also need to be rebuilt and
placed into centosplus.

Anyhow, it would be nice to have support for all "standard"
targets/extensions that are documented in "man iptables".  If it is
not too much trouble to include them.  ROUTE is one of them.  I see
couple of others that might be usefull to have (not that I currently
have need for all of them) such as BALANCE, CLASTERIP, CONNMARK (it
would simplify some stuff I'm doing), NOTRACK, ROUTE...  Probably some
others.  Userland iptables already includes some of them, but not all,
so it would also need to be included into centosplus.

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during