[CentOS] Re: Problem after installing audacity

Tue Aug 22 17:02:01 UTC 2006
Alex White <ethericalzen at gmail.com>

Kari Salovaara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed audacity and after installation I get an error message.
> Whole sequence below. What to do ?
> I'm using Centos 4.3 updated to current level and this installation was
> done under root (su).

> If I understand right something bad in audacity specs due yum didn't
> install needed library or they are wrong version ?
>
> Regards,
> Kari

You got your wxGTK and your audacity from two different
repositories. This may be misinformation, but I think yum pulled the
highest revision number wxGTK instead of sticking with the dag repo
for your wxGTK stuff.

On my system, you will see Audacity's package is from dag as well as
the wxGTK package.

[prata at crane ~]$ rpm -q --whatprovides libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0
wxGTK-2.4.2-5.2.el4.rf
[prata at crane ~]$ rpm -q --whatprovides audacity
audacity-1.2.4b-1.2.el4.rf

As noted from your yum output:
 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
   Size
Installing:
 audacity                i386       1.2.4b-1.2.el4.rf  dag   1.9 M
 wxGTK                   i386       2.4.2-8  kbs-CentOS-Extras  1.6M
 wxGTK-common            i386       2.4.2-8 kbs-CentOS-Extras  517 k

Either get audacity from the kbs-CentOS-Extras repo or disable
kbs-CentOS-Extras just for the time it takes you to obtain the
proper wxGTK packages.

HTH,

Alex White