[CentOS] /var goes read-only

Matty matty91 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 03:48:42 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, Joshua Gimer <jgimer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, that is what we were thinking was happening. Smartd will not start
> at boot,  it parses the config file just fine and then fails.

When I bump into these types of issues, I like to run smartd  by hand
with the "-d" (debug) option. This can assist with locating
problematic devices, and if the information is fed back into the
smartmontools community, it can be used to update the device model
information in the  smartctl database (which can be printed by running
smartctl with the "-P show" option).

Thanks,
- Ryan
--