[CentOS] Installing CentOS over LAN

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 03:41:34 UTC 2006

Do you want the root on nfs, or just grab the installation source off
a network server?

network boot + nfs root is well documented on google, there's nothing
really specific to centos about it, that is, it works for almost any
linux or bsd distro.

in most cases you don't install to a network drive, you install to a
local drive and then copy it to the network.

another thought is to look at g4l (ghost for linux) ... install a
centos base image, and then use g4l to load it to a room full of
networked PCs.

Gordon