[CentOS] I've been hacked -- what should I do next?

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Mon Dec 4 19:00:44 UTC 2006

Alexey Loukianov wrote:
> Not sure for the rest of world, but here in Russia the knowledge of
> english is one of the main things checked when hiring someone on
> system administrator or programmer position. Not always
> free-spoken-level is required, but at least
> read-of-techdocs-and-abuse-repots level. ;-)

Agreed. English is the Lingua Franca of the Internet. Any ISP that
cannot master English at some basic level is not worth a grain of salt.
I would not hestitate the least to send an email in English to any
abuse/webmaster/postmaster or similar standard email addresses.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.