[CentOS] Installing CentOS over LAN [Virtual Servers]

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Mon Dec 4 20:38:21 UTC 2006

On 12/4/2006 1:06 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> I currently use VMWare Server on CentOS-4 ... but looking at the test
> kernels from Red Hat ... it seems that the next version of EL4 is going
> to support Xen on x86_64 and i686:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~jbaron/rhel4/RPMS.kernel/
>
> So, I would imagine the upstream way after 4.5 release will be Xen.

Jesus, I hope this will work with my current setup - x86_64 with dual
xeon, PV, xen-3.0.3, 3ware 9550SXU-4LP, raid5. Why didn't they publish
this sh** 3 months earlier. Now my server is in production. :-|
Any chances that I could migrate to an upstream xenified kernel without
any risk? Normally it's just a matter of a good grub.conf, right? It
won't interfere with my current kernel modules, which are 2.6.16.29-xen.
What I'm especially looking for is some way to solve this:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-10/msg00564.html

The first one to do a successful update with the above setup please
shout "HERE!". :)
cu - Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de
http://www.michael-kress.de / http://kress.net