[CentOS] [OT] Linux/CentOS Volunteer or PT Work

Nick Webb webbn at acm.org
Wed Dec 6 04:12:31 UTC 2006

Feizhou,

On 12/5/06, Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net> wrote:
> Then again, with your eight years of experience, do you really think
> that a professional certificate will make a difference? Any reasonable
> manager who understands Unix/Linux should have no problem hiring you on
> that basis.

Thanks for your comments.  While I have 8 years of total IT
experience, only 2 years was on Unix (part time undergrad job), no
enterprise Linux experience.  I think you are right, though, if a
manager understands Unix/Linux I should be able to convice them of my
compentency without a peice of paper.

Nick