[CentOS] [OT] Linux/CentOS Volunteer or PT Work

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 11:54:02 UTC 2006

On 06/12/06, Daniel de Kok <daniel-lists at taickim.com> wrote:
> Actually, an increasing number of managers do not look at
> certification. There are a lot of people who boast with their
> certification, but have little experience. Being able to solve a
> problem quickly in a competent manner is much more important than
> learning facts by heart. We have references for that ;).

I suspect they could still be useful for getting past the first screen
of recruiters/HR who, on occaision, don't understand technicalities of
the skills and experience laid out in front of them on a CV.

I've had experiences with recruiters saying "Ah, but they need someone
with experience doing $something and you don't appear to have that",
and I've had to politely point out that $something is actual a smaller
part of $bigger_something which is clearly listed *there*. :)

Will.