[CentOS] Re: Centos 4.x and embeded x86 (wrap, pcengines)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Dec 6 17:18:50 UTC 2006

Oliver Schulze L. spake the following on 12/6/2006 3:37 AM:
> monowall and pfsenses are just great software.
> But I'm looking for migrating an already customized firewall+scripts
> to an embedded platform.
>
> Also, all of our server runs centos, so having a new centos server will
> be more easy to maintain for our team.
>
> Tks
> Oliver
>
> John R Pierce wrote:
>> Scott Silva wrote:
>>> I know this is a CentOS list, but did you look at monowall?
>>> It is great on those small boards, and runs in less memory.
>>>
>> also, pfSense ...

It might just be easier to get a small 1u rackmount and put it on that. The
hardest part will be getting the system to not hammer the CF to death with
writes. Most of the embedded systems hold writes to a minimum, and do them in
batches so the CF lasts longer.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and